- Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- Makes16 servings
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
TOPPING:2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin2 cups boiling water2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawedOptional: Additional whipped topping and pretzels
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours. Cut into squares; if desired, serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels.
Test Kitchen tips
Punch up the flavor by adding chopped toasted nuts to the crust.Want a crisp crust and fluffy filling? Cool baked crust completely.Nobody likes gelatin that wanders.Using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread cream cheese all the way to the crust’s edges so the gelatin stays put.Instead of whipped topping, try fresh whipped cream.
1 piece: 295 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.