Low Carb, Sugar Free Texas Sheet Cake using Swerve’s Box Cake and Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar to Make Chocolate Pecan Frosting.Prep Time10 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time25 mins
- This recipe contains Amazon affiliate links which earn a small commission.
- Make Cake from Scratch or Used a Boxed Cake Swerve Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake From Scratch
- 230 grams almond flour 2 cups
- 26 grams coconut flour 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, see notes)
- 10 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup swerve granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- baking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut optional
- Kitchen Tools
- USA Quarter Sheet Pan
- Spray a quarter sheet pan with baking spray.
- If using Swerve Boxed Cake Mix, Prepare batter as directed and pour into baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Center should spring back.
- As soon as cake it out of the oven, make frosting and pour warm frosting over warm cake.
- Combine the butter, cocoa, cream, Swerve for the frosting together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Add two tablespoons of milk if needed. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over cake.
- Cool and cut into 24 small pieces.
Chocolate Cake from Scratch
- Mix all dry ingredients, except Swerve, together including sifted cocoa. Set aside.
- Mix oil and Swerve together.
- Add eggs one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add vanilla
- Mix milk and sour cream together. Add to egg mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to these wet ingredients.
- Bake in quarter sizer sheet pan for 15-20 minutes, until the center is 210. F.
- Once out of oven, make topping and pour over warm cake.
I’ve exchanged the chocolate cake recipe from scratch for a new and improved one. Let me know if you want the old recipe.Re: Xantan Gum: It’s not necessary. It does help to keep cake from being to crumbly, so I add a touch to my keto baked goods. You do not have to use it.
Serving: 1of 24 | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 3g