An EASY low carb keto Fathead pizza crust recipe with coconut flour OR almond flour. Just 4 INGREDIENTS! Fathead pizza is the ultimate keto pizza – crispy, chewy, and ready in 20 minutes.Course Main CourseCuisine ItalianCalories 117 kcalPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 20 minutes
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 2 large Egg (beaten)
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. (**See notes for alternative to the microwave.)
- Stir in the beaten eggs and coconut flour. Knead with your hands until a dough forms. If the dough becomes hard before fully mixed, you can microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it.
- Spread the dough onto the lined baking pan to 1/4″ or 1/3″ thickness, using your hands or a rolling pin over a piece of parchment (the rolling pin works better if you have one). Use a toothpick or fork to poke lots of holes throughout the crust to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Poke more holes in any places where you see bubbles forming. Bake for 3-7 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Check the TIPS ABOVE on working with fathead pizza dough!
- To make keto pizza once you have the crust, top with sauce and toppings after cooking the crust and return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- If you don’t want to use the microwave, use a double boiler to melt the cheese and cream cheese together instead. Boil water in a saucepan, then place the cheeses in a metal bowl resting over the edges of the saucepan. The idea is to melt the cheese without burning it, stirring frequently.
- Nutrition info does not include toppings.
How to make fathead pizza with almond flour:
Follow the instructions above, but replace the coconut flour with 3/4 cup almond flour and reduce the 2 eggs to 1 egg.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/8 of entire pizza
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.Calories117Fat8gProtein7gTotal Carbs4gNet Carbs2gFiber2gSugar1g